version of April 21, 2017.
Mathematician, former member of the Institute, where she worked between 1963-1975.
She continued her research activity at the Institute for Computing Techniques (ITC), while from 1990 she embraced the didactic activity at the Babes-Bolyai University, as lecturer and then assistant professor.
She has published of a series of research articles, didactic books and has participated at numerous contracts.
Fields of interest: Numerical Analysis, Nomography, Mathematics Applied in Economy, Operations Research, Financial Mathematics.
She is a member of the Cluj Team on Numerical Analysis and Approximation Theory.
Maria Mihoc (born Peter)
Born on January 27, 1941, in Turda.
- 1947-1957, primary, gymnasial and highschool studies in Cluj-Napoca
- 1958-1963, Faculty of Mathematics-Mechanics (Matematics section), “Babeş-Bolyai” University, Cluj-Napoca.
- 1963-1975 Institutul de Calcul al Academiei Române (ICTP), researcher;
- 1975-1990 Institutul de Tehnică de Calcul (ITC), principal researcher 3, then principal researcher 2;
- 1990-1995 teaching assistant, Department of Algebra, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, “Babeş-Bolyai” University;
- 1995-2001 assistant professor, Department of Applied Mathematics, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, “Babeş-Bolyai” University;
- 2001-2009 assistant professor, Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Forecasting, Faculty of Economical Sciences and Business Administration, “Babeş-Bolyai” University.
Scientific title: PhD in mathematics, title of thesis: Nomographical representation of different types of equations by nomograms which contain rectilinear scales, defended in 1981, “Babeş-Bolyai” University. Scientific advisor: acad. Dimitrie D. Stancu.
- Institute of Mathematics of Polish Academy (Warsaw and Krakow, January, 1967);
- Institute of Mathematics of Hungarian Academy (Budapest, October 1969);
- Summer School in Approximation Theory, CIME, Erice, Italy (june 1971);
- Institute of Mathematics of Soviet Union (Moscow, Minsk, Saint Petersburg, October 1973);
- Summer School, Medical Statistics, Cluj-Napoca, August 1995.
Didactic activity. Courses and seminars of: Mathematical Analysis, Linear Algebra, Probabilities and Mathematical Statistics, Operational Research, Mathematical Modeling, Mathematics Applied in Economy, Financial and Actuarial Mathematics.
Number of didactic works (1990-2009): 13 books, 6 litographed courses.
Books on software (1976-1990): 10.
Scientific articles (1963-2009): published-91; to appear-4; presented at different scientific manifestations- 34. All the reviews from Mathematical Reviews şi Zentralblatt für Matematik were positive.
Number of research contracts (1964-1975): 12.
Number of scientific manifestations attended (1963-2009): 127.
- scientific advisor of degree one works of the mathematics teachers in highschool;
- scientific advisor for the diploma and license works of the students form the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, and Faculty of Economical Sciences;
- member of the organizing committees for some scientific conferences at the Institute of Numerical Analysis (ICTP);
Member of societies
- member of Mathematical Society of Romania;
- member of the Society of Probabilities and Statistics from Romania
- member of the Romanian-Japanese Mathematical Society (Kanazawa);
- member of Workshops on Mathematics and Computer Science (collaboration between the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science and Faculty of Economical Sciences “Eötvös Lorand” (Budapesta);
- member of the Faculty of Mathematics Council;
- member of the Faculty of Economical Sciences Council;
- referee of different papers published in different journals
- member in different promotion and contest commissions;
Foreign languages: French (good level), English and Russian (satisfactory).
to be completed