Version of April 21, 2017.
Former member of the Institute. He worked here between 1970-1975, then at the Territorial Center for Electronic Computing (1975-1982), and then at the Technical University (1982-2015), where he occupied gradually the positions of lecturer, assistant and professor (1993-2011).
He published an impressive number of papers in the field of Mathematical Analysis (convex functions, convex sequences, means, inequalities).
His results are cited in numerous papers, as can be seen by his Google Scholar profile.
He is a member of the Cluj Team on Numerical Analysis and Approximation Theory.
Born: May 8, 1945, Măguri, Cluj county, – deceased: December 24, 2015, Cluj-Napoca.
Marital Status: married, two children
- 1969 Master of Mathematics, „Babeș-Bolyai” University, Cluj
- 1980 PhD in Mathematics, „Babeș-Bolyai” University, Cluj. Title of thesis: The study of some special dynamical systems (Studiul unor sisteme dinamice speciale), Scientific advisor: prof. dr. Elena Popoviciu
- 2011 – retired
- 1993-2011, Professor, Tehnical University of Cluj-Napoca (TUC-N)
- 1990-1993, Associate Professor, TUC-N
- 1982-1990, Lecturer, (TUC-N)
- 1976-1982, Territorial Center for Electronic Computing Cluj (researcher)
- 1970-1975, Institute of Numerical Analysis (ICTP), Romanian Academy (researcher)
- 1969-1970, Tehnical University of Iassy (Teaching Assistant)
Fields of Interest:
- Mathematical analysis (convex functions, convex sequences, means, inequalities)
- Probability Theory
- Analytic and Differential Geometry
- 175 Scientific papers (published in USA, Holland, Croația, Jugoslavia, Hungary, Czech Republik, Romania)
- 6 Didactic books
- 1 Open access book
- 1 book (Greek means – to appear)
- Member of the Romanian Mathematical Society
- Member of the Mathematical Foundation „Th. Anghelutza”
- Member of the Research Group on Mathematical Inequalities and Applications (Melbourne)
- International Reviewer of Zentralblatt fur Mathematik (Springer, Germany)
to be completed.