Webpage not maintained.
Master of Science student, the University of Oxford.
Associate young fellow at ICTP
- Numerical Analysis
- Partial Differential Equations
Master of Science program, admitted at the University of Oxford
BSc. in Mathematics and Computer Science
Thesis: Gradient Descent Optimization in Machine Learning
Supervisor: Laura Dioșan
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Sciences
Babeș-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Emanuil Gojdu” National College, Oradea, Romania
– Baccalaureate exam in Mathematics: 10
– Baccalaureate exam in Computer Science: 9.71
Tiberiu Popoviciu Institute of Numerical Analysis of the Romanian Academy
– Reading seminars on Numerical Analysis, Numerical Methods for PDEs and ODEs, Numerical Linear Algebra and Approximation Theory.
– Given several seminar talks on topics from Numerical Linear Algebra and Approximation Theory.
– Collaboration in the elaboration of two papers: one on splitting schemes in optimization and one regarding optimization in machine learning
Qualification in the final round of the National Olympiad:
– Computer Science in 2015,
– Mathematics in 2015,
– Mathematics in 2014.
– Awards in regional and interregional contests in Mathematics and Computer Sciences.
Presentations at the Tiberiu Popoviciu Institute of Numerical Analysis:
– Lagrange Interpolation on Arbitrary, Equidistant and Chebyshev Nodes, Basic results in Numerical Linear Algebra (I) The solving of linear systems by direct methods,
– Basic results in Numerical Linear Algebra (II) – Eigenvalues, eigenvectors, decompositions,
– Basic results in Numerical Linear Algebra (III) – Algorithms for eigenvalue problems.
Enrolled in the 22nd Internet Seminar on Ergodic Theorems (University of Leipzig).
Followed courses of PDEs, ODEs, Transport Phenomena, Mathematical Modeling in Neurosciences and Finite Element Method on the edX platform (MIT).
Skills & Knowledge
Experience with mathematical software, such as Matlab, Maple and Latex.
Known programming languages include Python, C++ and Java.
Numerical Experiments for the Bachelor Thesis done on the Kotys computer cluster at Babeș-Bolyai University.
Proficient in English, with a Cambridge CAE C2 diploma.