The following members have outstanding contributions in Numerical Analysis or Approximation Theory, either in theory (published articles) or in contracts with industry, in the early period of the Institute. Their results are internationally recognized (usually they were members of the Editorial Boards of some journals from abroad).
- acad. Tiberiu Popoviciu (1906-1975) – the founder of the Institute
- acad. Gheorghe Călugăreanu (1902-1976)
- prof. dr. doc. Dumitru V. Ionescu (1901-1985)
- acad. Dimitrie D. Stancu (1927-2014)
- prof. dr. Francisc Radó (1921-1990)
Note: for this list we considered former members, who have passed away; we shall post soon some more specific information regarding each member above.
- acad. Tiberiu Popoviciu (head between 1951-1975) – founding member
- prof. dr. Oleg Aramă
- prof. dr. Lascu Bal
- acad. Gheorghe Călugăreanu
- prof. dr. Dumitru V. Ionescu
- prof. ing. dr. doc. Desideriu Maros
- prof. dr. Ioan Maruşciac
- acad. Petru T. Mocanu
- prof. dr. Ioan Muntean
- prof. dr. Emil Muntean
- assoc. prof. dr. Andrei Ney
- CSI dr. Vasile Peteanu
- prof. dr. Elena Popoviciu
- prof. dr. Francisc Radó
- acad. Dimitrie D. Stancu
- assoc. prof. Cornel Tarţia
See also the current member list for the present honorary members.
version of December 2nd, 2017. Version to be completed.