Researchers who have obtained the PhD diploma while working at ICTP (1990-present)
- Flavius Pătrulescu (PhD since 2012)
- Cornelia Revnic (born Bercea) (PhD since 2008)
- Adrian Cristian Mureşan (PhD since 2008)
- Maria Crăciun (PhD since 2005)
- Ştefan Şoltuz (PhD since 2005)
- Călin Vamoş (PhD since 2002)
- Emil Cătinaş (PhD since 1999)
- Nicolae Suciu (PhD since 1998)
- Mira-Cristiana Anisiu (PhD since 1997)
- Ioan Danciu (PhD since 1996)
- Adrian Revnic (PhD since 1994)
Tip: click on filled balls to expand (and another click to shrink).
Cluj team on Numerical Analysis and Approximation Theory
The above link leads to a graphical illustration of the descendants (in the sense of PhD advising) of the great mathematician who founded our Institute, T. Popoviciu, together with his outstanding colleagues, Gh. Călugăreanu and D.V. Ionescu. We have adopted the idea initiated at North Dakota University (which was adopted by AMS too), we have documented to complete the data contained there, and then updated and illustrated it.
The graph was completed with the mathematicians who have worked at ICTP, and with collaborators from the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science (Babeș-Bolyai University).
The former and present members form a team which in Romania is known as Cluj team/school on Numerical Analysis and Approximation Theory CTNAAT (in Romanian Şcoala Clujeană de Analiză Numerică și Teoria Aproximării SCANTA). This team is also known outside our country.
Note: the graph is under construction. Not all of the mathematicians included here are dealing/dealt with Numerical Analysis or Approximation Theory. We shall complete the graph with information in this sense, as well as with title of thesis, year, links to current website, etc.
We are grateful for any information provided to complete the graph – please e-mail to ictp at ictp.acad.ro with subject “Cluj naat”.