Assistant researcher at Tiberiu Popoviciu Institute of Numerical Analysis (ICTP)
Domains of research:
- approximation theory
- Programming in MATLAB, Julia for numerical tests.
Date and place of birth: Hunedoara, 1998
Education and degrees
2021-present: Ph.D. Student in Mathematics, Numerical Analysis, Scientific advisor: Assoc. prof. dr. habil. Teodora Cătinaș
2019-2021: Master Degree in Advanced Mathematics, Babeș-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca
2016-2019: Bachelor Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science, Babeș-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca
2012-2016, Iancu de Hunedoara National College, Hunedoara
2022-present: Research assistant at ICTP
2021-2022: Mathematics Teacher at Montessori Transylvania School
- Laboratories of Numerical Calculus and Numerical Methods, Seminaries of General Mathematics at Babeș-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca
Talks at conferences
- Numerical Analysis, Numerical Modeling, Approximation Theory (NA-NM-AT) (6-9.11.2023), Cluj-Napoca, Romania (Zilele Academice Clujene), “Combined Shepard operators applied in image reconstruction”.
- 9th International Conference on Mathematics and Informatics (MathInfo) (7-8.09.2023), Târgu Mureș, Romania, “An application of the Shepard operator in image reconstruction”.
- 14th Joint Conference on Mathematics and Computer Science (MaCS) (24-27.11.2022), Cluj-Napoca, Romania, “New Shepard operators in the univariate case”.
- Numerical Analysis, Numerical Modeling, Approximation Theory (NA-NM-AT) (26-28.10.2022), Cluj-Napoca, Romania (Zilele Academice Clujene), “New Shepard operators in the univariate case”.
- International Conference on Approximation Theory and its Applications (12-14.09.2022), Sibiu, Romania, “Univariate Shepard operators combined with least squares fitting polynomials”.
- Functional Analysis, Approximation Theory and Numerical Analysis (5-8.07.2022), Matera, Italy (online), “Iterative Shepard operator of least squares thin-plate spline type”.
- Sesiunea de Comunicări Ştiinţifice ale Studenţilor – Matematică, Facultatea de Matematică și Informatică, UBB Cluj-Napoca (21.05.2022), “Univariate Shepard operators combined with least squares fitting polynomials”.
- International Student Conference StudMath-IT (18-19.11.2021), Arad, “Iterative Shepard operator of least squares thin-plate spline type”.
- Zilele Academice Clujene, 70 de ani de la înființarea Institutului de calcul „Tiberiu Popoviciu” (28.10.2021), Cluj-Napoca, “Shepard operator of least squares thin-plate spline type”.
- International Conference on Mathematics and its Applications in Science and Engineering (1-2.07.2021), Universidad the Salamanca, Spain (online), “Shepard operator of least squares thin-plate spline type”.
Participations at Conferences
VII Workshop on Innovative Teaching Methodologies for Math Courses on Engineering Degrees, 05.07.2021, Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto, Portugal (Online).
- Operating systems: Windows, Linux.
- Programming languages: Matlab, Julia.
- Word-processing languages: LaTeX, Scientific Work Place.
Note: the publications may be consulted as posts, clickable by author (e.g., Andra Malina), category (either type, e.g., (original), (survey), paper, book or mathematical field, e.g., nonlinear systems in Rn, convergence orders), tag (year: 2019), etc.
The processing of the information is in progress.
- A. Malina, Iterative Shepard operator of least squares thin-plate spline type, Dolomites Res. Notes Approx., 16(2023), No. 3, pp. 57-62. http://doi.org/10.14658/PUPJ-DRNA-2023-3-8
- T. Cătinaș, A. Malina, The combined Shepard operator of inverse quadratic and inverse multiquadric type, Stud. Univ. Babeș-Bolyai Math., 67(2022), No. 3, pp. 579-589. http://doi.org/10.24193/subbmath.2022.3.09
- T. Cătinaș, A. Malina, Shepard operator of least squares thin-plate spline type, Stud. Univ. Babeș-Bolyai Math., 66(2021), No. 2, pp. 257-265.
The results may be retrieved as posts, categorized by the following subjects (containing all the authors at ICTP):
(work in progress)
- Approximation Theory
Version of June 4, 2022.