Institute annual report 2018
(updated on March 15, 2022, with CNCSIS prizes on 2018)
The Numerical Analysis and Approximation Theory workgroup:
- Dr. Emil Cătinaş
- Prof. Dr. Ion Păvăloiu (workgroup coordinator)
- Prof. Dr. Octavian Agratini
- Dr. Diana Otrocol
- Dr. Flavius Pătrulescu
- Mihai Nechita
- Imre Boros
- Cristian-Daniel Alecsa
The Numerical Modeling workgroup:
- Dr. Călin-Ioan Gheorghiu (workgroup coordinator)
- Dr. rer. nat. habil. Nicolae Suciu
- Dr. Maria Crăciun
- Dr. rer. nat. habil. Nicolae Suciu supervises PhD theses.
He has recently supervised the thesis Filtered density functions for uncertainty assessment of transport in groundwater, by Lennart Schüler, defended on September 8, 2016, at Jena University, Germany; the thesis received the distinction Magna Cum Laudae.
- Prof. dr. Ion Păvăloiu has supervised 8 PhD theses at North University of Baia-Mare and at Babeş-Bolyai University.
- Prof. dr. Octavian Agratini, who supervises PhD theses at Babes-Bolyai University.