Institute annual report 2021
(updated December 3, 2022, with Peer reviews)
The Numerical Analysis and Approximation Theory workgroup:
- Prof. Dr. Radu Precup, m.c. (hired in 2021)
- Dr. Emil Cătinaş (workgroup coordinator)
- Prof. Dr. Octavian Agratini
- Dr. Diana Otrocol
- Dr. Flavius Pătrulescu (till april 28)
- Dr. Mihai Nechita
- Imre Boros
- Dr. Cristian-Daniel Alecsa (till february 25)
- Andrei Stan (hired in 2021)
The Numerical Modeling workgroup:
- Dr. Călin-Ioan Gheorghiu (workgroup coordinator)
- Dr. rer. nat. habil. Nicolae Suciu
- Dr. Maria Crăciun
- Prof. Dr. Radu Precup, m.c., supervises PhD theses at Babeş-Bolyai University.
- Prof. dr. Octavian Agratini, who supervises PhD theses at Babeş-Bolyai University.
- Dr. rer. nat. habil. Nicolae Suciu supervises PhD theses.
He has recently supervised the thesis Filtered density functions for uncertainty assessment of transport in groundwater, by Lennart Schüler, defended on September 8, 2016, at Jena University, Germany; the thesis received the distinction Magna Cum Laudae.
- Prof. dr. Ion Păvăloiu, honorary member, has supervised -in the past- 8 PhD theses at North University of Baia-Mare and at Babeş-Bolyai University.
Complete information on PhD coordination may be found on the webpage.